Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-16mm F/2.8 Asph. For Sony/ Minolta
Date first available at Amazon.com: April 29, 2010
Buy new: $599.95
8 used & new from $599.00
– All metallic moving parts are coated with a special lubricant to improve durability.
– PRO models have a hardened Alumite (Armalite) finish to increase durability and give a top-quality feel and finish.
– Use of our special alloy Duralumin for metal parts provides excellent durability, stabilizes torque and provides better handling. It also maintains smoother operation under all conditions.
– Resistance to flare and ghosting, plus faithful color reproduction are all achieved by a unique coating technique – yet another reason for Tokina’s reputation for incredibly sharp and clean images.
The Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX is an ultra-wide angle lens with a fast
f/2.8 aperture for better photography in low-light situations. Many
photojournalists consider having an f/2.8 aperture a must for any
lens in their camera bag.
Based on the award-winning optical design of the AT-X 124 PRO DX
(12-24mm f/4) lens, the AT-X 116 PRO DX has a slightly shorter zoom
range to maintain optical quality at wide apertures.
Tokina’s exclusive One-touch Focus Clutch Mechanism allows the
photographer to switch between AF and MF simply by snapping the
focus ring forward for AF and back toward the camera to focus
manually. There is no need to change the AF-MF switch on Nikon
cameras*** and there is no second AF/MF switch on the lens for
Canon, everything is accomplished by the focus ring.
* The lens is designed for Digital cameras with APS-C
sized CMOS and CCD sensors, not designed for
cameras with Full Frame sensors.
** Please note, the Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX lens itself is
not waterproof or water resistant.
*** Will not AF when used on Nikon D40 SLR camera body.
? 13 Elements in 11 Groups
? Minimum Focus Distance: 30cm
? Angle of view: 104°~82°
? Filter size: ø77mm