Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 12 MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch Touch-Screen LCD and 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens (White)
Date first available at Amazon.com: November 3, 2010
Buy new: $699.95
– 12.1-megapixel multi-aspect Live MOS Sensor; Micro Four Thirds format camera
– Kit includes 14mm lens; capture high-quality photos in 3D with optional lens
– Full HD video capability; Venus Engine FHD enables Intelligent Resolution technology
– 3-inch free-angle touch-screen LCD; newly-designed Touch Q-menu allows focus to be set, or shutter released, with just a touch
– Built-in flash; compact, lightweight design for ease of use and portability
The LUMIX GF2 is Panasonics signature DSL Micro Compact system camera in its mirrorless line-up, as it it’s the smallest and lightest model offered by Panasonic, while still offering the superb image quality expected from LUMIX. Comparing to the GF1, its predecessor, the GF2 has been reduced approximately 19% in size and approximately 7% in weight yet is still retains its signature built-in flash and all metal body.
- Future Proof with 3D Technology – The GF2 has been “future-proofed” with its support for 3D shooting while not compromising ease of operation or image quality. 3D shooting can now be easily accomplished with the addition of Panasonic’s new 3D interchangeable lens (LUMIX G 12.5mm / F12). Images can be printed in 2D or 3D and can be easily displayed on Viera 3D TVs for in home enjoyment. (MPO 3D file format can be displayed on most 3D compatible TV brands)
- Intuitively Easy with a Touch Controlled LCD – The LUMIX GF2 is extremely easy to operate for consumers at any level, thanks to a newly- designed user interface, which allows for the focus to be set, or shutter released, by simply touching the large 3-inch touch-screen LCD. The touch-screen LCD with a 460,000-dot-resolution makes taking great photos intuitive. Once a user locks on a subject by touch, the LUMIX GF2 tracks the subject with the AF tracking function, even if the subject moves making it easy to take photos of moving subjects, like children playing. The contrast AF system adopted by the LUMIX DMC-GF2 is not only accurate and easy to use, but also very fast. Users can choose from a wide range of AF (Auto Focus) modes, including multiple-area AF with up to 23 focus areas, 1-area AF with a selectable focus area, Face Detection, and AF Tracking.
- Q-Menu for Quick Menu Navigation – The touch operation also dramatically shortens the time spent navig