Nikon 200-400mm f/4G AF-S SWM SIC ED IF VR II Nikkor Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Date first available at Amazon.com: April 26, 2010
$8,400.00 Click to see price
10 used & new from $6,975.00
– 200-400mm f/4G AF-S super-telephoto zoom lens is perfect for sports and wildlife shooting; offers constant maximum aperture
– Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible
– Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths
– 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements; Three Focus Modes; Internal Focus (IF)
– Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM); Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Versatile super-telephoto zoom lens Powerful super-telephoto zoom lens that’s perfect for sports and wildlife shooting offering constant maximum aperture and VR II Image Stabilization.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nano Crystal Coat Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Three Focus Modes A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Internal Focus (IF) Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Rugged Construction Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Close Auto Focusing to 6.6 feet at all focal lengths Focus to 6.6 feet using AF or 6.4 feet using manual focus enabling striking image perspectives.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.