Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens + 8GB Deluxe Accessory Kit
Date first available at Amazon.com: February 10, 2011
– Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera – Black (Includes manufacturer’s supplied accessories)
– Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Zoom SLR Lens – 5pc Deluxe Lens Care & Cleaning Kit
– 8 Gigabyte SDHC Secure Digital Memory Card – Secure Digital USB Card Reader – Universal Memory Card Wallet – Pack of LCD Screen Protectors
– LP-E5 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Replacement Battery Pack – Well Protective SLR Camera Gadget Bag w/Pockets & Strap
– Full Size 59" Tripod W/Case – Jumpstart Guide to Digital SLR Cameras – BONUS!! Free 25 Quality Prints (Promo code # on invoice)
For perfect photos, fast and simple, there’s nothing better than Canon’s EOS Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera. With powerful features including a 10.1-megapixel CMOS Sensor, Canon’s DIGIC III processor, fast shooting and more, it’s a digital powerhouse. With simple, easy-to-use controls, a compact design, a 2.5-inch LCD monitor, and Live View Function, it’s a beginner’s dream come true.
The camera also incorporates the Highlight Tone Priority and High-ISO Noise Reduction functions (previously found only on Canon’s Professional Digital SLRs) and the camera is equipped with Canon’s Auto Lighting Optimizer technology, which corrects image brightness and contrast automatically to prevent underexposure with backlit scenes.
The EOS Rebel XS is also fast – capable of continuously capturing 3 frames per second for bursts of over 500 images. The faster frame rates and finer focusing capabilities of the Rebel XS together with its impressive image burst rate will help photo enthusiasts capture split second action at just the right moment.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Lens: Canon’s redesigned compact autofocus zoom lens (approximately a 28-90mm lens in 35mm format) is smaller and lighter than conventional lenses because of the shorter back focus distance. By reducing the distance from the rear of the lens to the imaging sensor and reducing the size of the image circle to accommodate the camera’s imaging sensor size, the lens produces high image quality with superb resolution at all focal lengths. By optimizing the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II lens coatings, Canon’s engineers have effectively minimized the chance of flare and ghosting which are more prone to occur with digital cameras than with film cameras. The coatings reduce reflections off the rear of the lens to deliver crisp, undistorted digital images.
++PLUS++ 8GB Deluxe Accessory Kit: Loaded with extremely useful accessories.