[+] enlarge image
– Ring USM, high-speed CPU, and image ptimized AF algorithms for fast auto focusing.
– Optimized lens coatings for exceptional color balance and minimal ghosting, florine coating on front and rear lens surfaces to reduce smears and fingerprints.
– New optical design utilizes 1 Super UD lens element and 2 UD lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration in the outer area at wide- angle; as well as eliminates color blurring around the edges of the subject, for images with high resolution and contrast.
– Combines 2 types of aspherical lenses to reduce spherical aberration, and achieve high image quality across the entire screen area and throughout the full zoom range.
– Zoom lock lever locks the zoom position at the wide end for safe transporting
The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens is a standard focal length zoom lens. It features a large aperture throughout its focal length. Featuring the latest advances in optical lens design, it utilizes 1 Super UD lens element and 2 UD lens elements that help minimize chromatic aberration in the periphery at wide-angle, as well as reduced color blurring around the edges of the subject.
In addition, 2 types of aspherical lenses are combined to help reduce spherical aberration over the entire image area as well as through the full zoom range. Optimized lens coatings also help ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting. The lens is also equipped with a circular 9-blade diaphragm for beautiful, soft backgrounds. A ring-type USM and high-speed CPU with optimized AF algorithms enable silent and fast autofocusing.
Built for the rigors of professional use as well as to meet the increased number of shots available with digital photography, it’s constructed with improved dust sealing and water resistance while fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens surfaces help reduce soiling, smears and fingerprints. A zoom lock lever locks the zoom position at the wide end for safe transporting while attached to an EOS DSLR camera.